Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 in review- Megan edition


I use Twitter to capture quickly some of the funny or interesting things Megan and Jack say. Here are some of my favorites from Megan in 2009. In reading through her comments from 2009, three things things became apparent.
1)She's an 18 year-old, trapped in an 8 year-old's body.
2)She has a freakish sense of smell.
3) She has specific opinions about certain countries, states, or sets of people.


Jay: Why don't you wear headbands? Meg: They are for kids. Jay:
Your mom wears them. Meg: Yeah, but she's old, old.

Argument of the day-Meg: when will I be 5 ft tall? Me: uh,
probably Jr. High. Meg(crying): U R mean! Me: huh? Meg: U R calling me
short!

Megan shut the car door on Jack's face this morning. Me: Megan!!!
Megan: What? Don't yell at me! He put his face there! It's not my fault.

Meg: can I have a cookie or two? Me: you can have a cookie. Meg:
did you say cookie or cookie plural as in two? Me:did you just say plural?

Megan: I wish I lived in Tibet. Me: Why? Megan: Because it is a
peaceful nation...(pause)..too bad they don't kill animals to eat there.

Megan touching hood of my coat: ewww. Me: It's faux fur. Megan:
what do you mean it's gopher?!?

Feeling sorry for Megan's future husband. "I don't like those
crier guys. The guys who cry are creepy."

Megan just told us she thinks Yoda is "hot". I'm thinking we
should be concerned.

Pathetic person alert: When Tatiana was kicked off American Idol,
I jumped up, screamed YES!! and tried to high 5 Megan who left me hanging.

Made the mistake of asking Megan how her lunch was yesterday.
She got weepy and told me the bagel was "disgusting" and "un-eatable".

Megan might be 30 but trapped in a 7 YO body.I asked how the
party was she went to and she responded, "It was a party I won't soon
forget!"

Upon hearing me attempt to sing along to the radio with hoarse
voice, Megan told me I "sound like a dying seal."

Megan: Do you know what a skort is? Me: Yeah. Megan: It's like a
mullet for your butt.

Meg to Jay:Look at the dress Mom bought. Can you picture her in
this? Jay: Yes I can. Meg: Do you like the picture you see?!?

Humbling moment after making breakfast-Me: Who's the best mom in
the world? Jack: YOU ARE!!! Megan: To be honest, I really don't know.

Megan (about Jack): Now that is one of the weirdest
outfits...Hey, I'm just speakin' the truth!

Megan: "This will be my favorite vacation...as long as no one
ends up dying." Me: "Uh, what?!?"

Megan: I don't like my underwear.Jay: Sounds like a personal
problem. Megan: Hey, I'm just throwing it out there.

Discussing some random guy's creepy hat. Megan
sings to the Ricola commercial tune: Freeeeeak-ola.

Jack in the car: Can I unbuckle my seat belt? Jay:No. Jack: But
Mommy did it...Megan:Yes, Jack but Mommy's okay with dying.

Megan's observation of the morning, "You smell like coffee and
Grandma's pull out couch."

Meg:What if you had 1 hour and 2 halves? Me: You mean 2 hours? Meg:
No. 1 hour and 2 halves. Me:2 halves equal 1. Meg: Oh, just leave it
alone!

Megan: Mom, you know that soup I like with the double noodles and
chicken? Me: Uh huh... Megan: That is what your shirt smells like. Me:???

Kids watching recording of Australian Wipeout. Megan: Those
Australians are weird!! They wear such short shorts!

Megan: I think that person likes church. Me: Why? Megan: Because
they have a huge picture of Jesus in their car. (And they did...)

Apologies to all you Wisconsin folks...Jay: We're in Wisconsin.
Megan: You can tell by the way it smells. Jay: Cheesy? Megan: No. Dirty.

Love listening to kids.Jack:Did U know Fairy World is in
space?Megan:Uh yeah!Fairy WORLD is *obviously* a different world so it's in
space.

Megan upon seeing a dog in church at her reconciliation: Maybe
the dog is here for reconciliation. Maybe he pooed on the carpet.

Listening to Kris Allen's song "Live like were dying". Megan: So
I guess that means you'd sit around on your couch and watch TV then?

Jack explaining blow-by-blow details of lost toy. Megan's
response, "Save your breath.We get it.It's lost." Miss Sensitive strikes
again.

Megan after looking at price tag w/ US & Canada pricing: I feel so bad for Canadians. Everything there is way more expensive!

2 comments:

LilSass said...

I think I've said this before but I fear the day this girl starts her period. I mean, right??

msprimadonna67 said...

That Megan is just crackin' me up!