Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jack's American Idol try out

Ah yes, Jack and my video camera have met once again. In this installment, we have Jack, a boy who wants so very, very much to put food on his table by trying out for American Idol. You have to appreciate the creativity of the initial "voice over" to set the scene. And then... he just begins to sing his little heart out to his self-composed "Stranded on the Streets". He's so into it that he doesn't even realize that spit came flying out of his mouth at 1:28 in the video. And seriously? The fade out at the end? Genius.

Although, I do feel quite bad about one thing. As we watched the playback on my video camera, I started to giggle a bit. Jack just looked at me with his big blue eyes and said, "Mommy, it's not funny. I tried my very, very best."

Ahem... Mother-guilt kicking in in 3-2-1...

3 comments:

The Floydster said...

Oh.my.gosh!!!! Is that so adorable or what? How did you NOT laugh while you were filming this? Jack is so.dang.creative and imaginative. You must have the best time being his mom. Lucky woman! (And the daughter is no slouch, either!)

Always Home and Uncool said...

The are emotional terrorists at times. Talented, but terrorists.

Always Home and Uncool said...

The are emotional terrorists at times. Talented, but terrorists.