Friday, March 12, 2010

He said, she said

An excerpt from an email Jay sent to a friend:

He said:

A few weeks back Jen and the kids were doing a massive basement cleanup and throwing away multiple garbage bags of toys. This makes me happy and I just stay away. Later that weekend I was taking out the trash on Sunday night. I noticed through the thin white plastic of a garbage bag the unmistakable outline of a Celtics jersey. I moved closer only to notice that my lovely wife of 12 years was throwing out my stuffed Larry Bird doll without my consent or knowledge. Granted that thing has always creeped her out but that is not grounds for an undignified disposal of a 20" stuffed legend. I ripped the bag open and marched it back in the house demanding an explanation. She stated the obvious, "You are 38. It is a creepy stuffed Larry Bird with a face that looks too real. What are you going to do with it?" I told her that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but you simply cannot go to the store and buy such an item so it must be saved.

She said:

Here's the doll...I'm sure if we took this to The Marriage Ref, I would win. Hands down.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hahahahaha!! I say you are the winner by far. :)

SF housewife said...

I've been busy watching Marriage Ref after reading your blog today. Interesting show.

just making my way said...

Definitely scary. Like, worse then the creepy clown in Poltergeist scary.

msprimadonna67 said...

I think if you took it to the Marriage Ref, Larry would be TOAST!

Your bro said...

Um, sorry Jay I have to agree with her. Not because we are family, but that is a creepy looking thing. Sw the pic first and thought that before I even read the blog.