Monday, September 20, 2010

His educational career is off to a bit of a slow start

It's going to be a long year.  Scratch that- it's probably going to be a long educational career for Jack in general.  He seems to prefer to do the bare minimum and I fear it may be a trait that he carries through high school/college.  To my point, I'm providing exhibit A below.  This is Jack's first homework assignment in first grade. 



The instructions were clear. He was to write his answers within each of the apples and then decorate the page.  I knew I was in trouble when he said he didn't want to write "play football" in the I Like To... area because "it was too much to write". *sigh*

What's that you say? Where are the decorations on the page? Oh, let me share with you my few favorite points:
1) Jack's favorite color is red.  I love how his "decoration" consists of a single red scribble.
2) Jack's favorite food is meat. Yup, that's it...just meat. And he drew the chicken drumstick to prove it.
3) Lastly, the rawhide Jack drew to symbolize his dog in the pet category, and the numbers 1 & 2 to show math as is favorite subject are just genius as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

Edee said...

Our sons are cut from the same cloth! My first grader threw the mother of all temper tantrums because he had math homework. The tantrum lasted 15 minutes - the homework assignment after he calmed down? 3 minutes!

william2233 said...

He'll get better later, from a children author