Wednesday, September 15, 2010

That information just isn't worth a chicken tender.

Jack is growing up.  Right before my eyes, I see him shifting from that super-sensitive, cuddly little boy into an independent little guy.  In some ways, it makes me sad because now those hugs and kisses I used to get so freely take a bit of begging on my part to get.  I noticed the other day that he never talks about any of the girls in his class- only the boys.  So I asked him about it while we were eating dinner.

Me: Do you ever talk to the girls in your class?
Jack: No.
Me: Why not?
Jack: They never ask me any questions.
Me: Huh...
Jay: He knows how to attract girls if he wants.
Me: Really? 
Jack: Yeah.
Me: What kind of moves do you have to attract the girls?
Megan: Yes. What are they???
Jack: I'm not telling.
Me: Seriously?  Why not?
Jack: (shrugging his shoulders)
Megan: What if I give you a chicken tender? Would you tell us then?
Jack: No way!  A chicken tender only lasts about 20 minutes and you want me to tell you something that lasts a lifetime???

No comments: