Friday, February 18, 2011

A different kind of Blogger

So, I'm obviously sucking at blogging consistently.  Since I've been working in an office and commuting for the last year and a half, I haven't had the luxury to post anything lengthy or extremely thoughtful. And since I've been working in an office and commuting for the last year and a half, anything remotely interesting that I have to write about typically involves my kids and not me.

I do enjoy blogging and I don't want to lose track of it and I think I have a decent interim solution that helps me still keep "blogging" but allows some significant efficiencies (see- don't I sound like someone who's been working in an office???).

I created a microblog on Tumblr. http://meganandjackstories.tumblr.com/  The focus will mainly be on Megan and Jack.  But the nice thing about Tumblr is...
a) I've incorporated the updates in the widget on this site- see over on the right? Yup, right over there... it's got the latest and greatest info.
b) I can easily update it from my phone.
c) When I do update it on Tumblr, in addition to feeding it to the widget on this site, it also automatically updates my Twitter feed, and my facebook page (killing a few birds with one stone so-to-speak).

No comments: